The Peer Academy is hiring Peer Advisors for Spring 2023 through Monday, November 21, 2022 and Thursday, December 22, 2022. Potential Peer Advisors must have a GPA of 2.8 or greater and a minimum of 12 credits. This is an on-campus job and F-1 students are eligible to apply. See below or https://www.laguardia.edu/peeradvisors/join/ for more information.
Peer Advisors for Spring 2023
Application form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PeerAdvisorSP23
- GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Have earned a minimum of 12 credits at the end of Fall I 2022
- Ability to effectively interact with students, faculty, and staff
- Desire and enthusiasm to support LaGuardia students in succeeding and graduating
- Ability to work as a team member
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to attend all mandatory scheduled training and debriefing meetings
- To learn more and view the full job description please visit this page.
- This application does not have a save feature. Once you begin the application you must complete it in one sitting
- This application will require you to submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications for the Peer Advisor position. If you need help with your resume or cover letter, we encourage you to visit the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD)
- This is a paid, on-campus position. Peer Advisors will be expected to perform their work duties in-person. As you’re aware, as a CUNY student, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to come to campus.
- In order to be employed as a Peer Advisor at LaGuardia, all prospective Peer Advisors need to be authorized to work legally in the United States–or have obtained work authorization by March 3, 2022. To this end, applicants must be U.S Citizens, permanent residents, or International Students possessing an F-1 student visa. While you will not be asked to submit this now, if you are offered the position, you will be asked to provide documentation showing your eligibility to work lawfully in the United States.