The Transfer Scholars Network (TNS) works to connect high-achieving community college students to dedicated admissions representatives from 14 top four-year colleges with some of the nation’s most generous financial aid programs. TSN students at LaGuardia will be connected directly with admissions officers at 14 partner institutions including Princeton, Yale, Spelman, Amherst, and Johns Hopkins. Some LaGuardia TSN members from the recently concluded 2-year pilot are now at partner institutions Cornell, Smith and Williams.
Eligibility requirements are:
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- 15-30 completed credits (a little over 30 is fine!)
- Intention to start at a four-year college in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Adjusted gross income not more than $100,000
- No previous 4-year college/university attendance
- Other areas of success in addition to sound academic record (e.g. campus leadership, community volunteering, research presentation at a conference etc.)
- There is no U.S. citizenship/residency (documented or otherwise) requirement.