The Peer Academy is hiring Peer Advisors for Fall 2022 through Monday, May 23, 2022 till Thursday, July 28, 2022 . Potential Peer Advisors must have a GPA of 2.8 or greater and a minimum of 18 credits. This is an on-campus job and F-1 students are eligible to apply. See below or http://www.laguardia.edu/peeradvisors/join/ for more information.
Peer Advisors for Fall 2022
Through participation in the Peer Advisor Academy, Peer Advisors will learn and practice valuable, marketable communication and teamwork skills while helping students pursue their academic goals.
Peer Advisors will undergo paid professional development sessions, provided by the Center for Teaching and Learning where they will learn (or brush up) on technology tools, including Degree Works, CUNYfirst, and ePortfolio. Sessions will also include practicing effective communication strategies, utilizing LaGuardia’s many advising resources, and working directly with faculty and staff to begin learning how advisement in the programs function and what specific roles the peers will play in them. All new Peer Advisors must attend the scheduled training dates.
- GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Have earned a minimum of 15 credits at time of application
- Ability to effectively interact with students, faculty, and staff
- Desire and enthusiasm to support LaGuardia students in succeeding and graduating
- Ability to work as a team member
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills