Some people asked for advice on traveling to Japan (Olympics effect?), so I am sharing some resources for planning a trip to Japan here.
The best place to start your planning is to speak with the local travel agency. Below is the list of major travel agencies in New York that specialize traveling to Japan. You usually can request travel brochures and other travel information (e.g., maps etc) through these travel agents.
- IACE TRAVEL
- Address: 271 Madison Ave #908, New York, NY 10016
- Phone: (877) 489-4223
- Website: https://www.iace-usa.com/
- Amnet New York
- Address: 19 W 44th St Suite 407, New York, NY 10036
- Phone: (212) 247-1900
- Website: http://www.amnet-usa.com/
- H.I.S. International Tours Inc. NYC (New York Branch)
- Address: 535 5th Ave 14th floor, New York, NY 10017
- Phone: (212) 478-7023
- Website: https://flights.hisgo.com/us/
- Look American Tours (JTB USA Inc.)
- Address: 1 Evertrust Plaza #702 JTB Reservation, Jersey City, NJ 07302
- Phone: (212) 424-0800
- Website: https://www.looktour.net/
Another good place to explore is Japanese National Tourism Organization (JNTO), the Japanese government’s organization promoting travel and tourism in Japan. Their website and YouTube channel offer a lot of digital brochures, travel information, and video tours.
JNTO’s Japan Heritage Official Site and Brochure Page are especially worth exploring.
My other favorites are NYT’s 36 hours (they featured Tokyo and Osaka) and Japan-Guide.com’s YouTube channel.
36 hours in Tokyo
36 hours in Osaka
japan-guide.com’s YouTube channel
Finally, the UNESCO’s World Heritage list in Japna (currently there are 25 World Heritages in Japan) will be helpful to determine your destinations during your trip to Japan.