The CUNY 311 Project is hiring CUNY students to become NYC 311 call reps during summer. The pay is $15 and will become $17 after a training. See the attached flyer for more information.
The CUNY 311 Project provides qualified CUNY students with the opportunity to work as part- time Call Center Representatives (Call Takers) within New York City’s Information Hub.
Call Takers will work within the 311 Call Center to perform the following tasks:
- Answer incoming calls within the 24-hour/7-day/week operation in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Enter call data into a computerized tracking system.
- Collaborate with DoITT and CUNY Program staff as needed.
- Currently a student in good standing at a City University of New York college.
- Be available 18 hours per week for three 6 hour shifts, including weekends/weeknights. Have strong computer skills and be proficient with Internet.
- Have excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
- Create profile on Symplicty using the following link https://www.cuny.edu/cipportal.
- In Simplicity click “Jobs” tab > click “Jobs and Internships”, search for 311 Student Caller
- Taker Job listing and Apply. (Please note you will be asked to upload resume, cover letter, and to provide an unofficial copy of your transcript).