An on-campus job opportunity for Spring 2016.
Job Notice : ePortfolio Consultants
2 Part-Time Positions (19 hours each)
Department: LaGuardia Center for Teaching and Learning
Issue Date 03/01/2016
Closing Date 03/20/2016
Position: ePortfolio Consultant
Duties: ePortfolio Office Tasks:
- Teach Capstone Studio Hours
- Conduct ePortfolio and assessment depositing workshops
- Assist faculty in developing ePortfolio-infused activities and assignments using the different features of the ePortfolio system including added GoogleDoc, Equation Editor, Twitter and Facebook captures features
- Perform regular user-testing of ePortfolio features, which are on beta or on development
- Provide necessary help and support to students, staff and faculty, including those from ACE and special programs such as College Now, College Discovery, ASAP, etc.
- Troubleshoots ePortfolio problems of both faculty and students who walk in, phone in or email
- Prepare and/or update ePortfolio tutorials, workshop request forms and other similar materials
- Assist in coordinating ePortfolio events, such as the Student Showcase, Student Club Showcase, pre-registration orientation and other similar activities
- Maintain and update the ePortfolio website and ePortfolio servers and databases
- Assist in the administration of ePortfolio related surveys
- Provide technical support to various CTL seminars
College-Wide ePortfolio Tasks
- Provide training and support to staff advisors by acting as resource persons, particularly in regard to the use of the ePortfolio Graduation Plans
- Assist faculty and staff advisors in advising students by sharing their experience in transitional processes, such as transfer and pursuing career interests
- Provide ePortfolio assistance and support to the advising team they are assigned to
- Co-lead and collaborate with Student Affairs and Advising staff in facilitating cross-training professional development workshops to strengthen ePortfolio-based advising
Faculty and Programmatic Support
- Assist Learning Matters with ePortfolio Mini-Grant Leaders implement their Professional Development plans, especially those related to ePortfolio training of faculty, including adjuncts.
- Assist programs in implementing their curriculum plans to ensure the continuous development of student ePortfolios from First Year to Capstone as instructed
- Assist faculty in designing and integrating different activities related to their courses, e.g., hybrid-online assignments, collaborative projects, multimedia assignments and in turn assist students in creating these assignments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be a current student with at least 30 credits or have graduated from LaGuardia Community College.
- Candidates must have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Candidates must have knowledge and skills of the following applications: Digication, MS Office, Windows 7, MovieMaker and Adobe Design Package (especially, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Photoshop,) and other multimedia/audio/video software.
- Demonstrable people skills particularly, listening skills, courteousness, patience and respect.
- Demonstrable leadership skills, including skills on how to lead and manage a class. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate these skills during the interview.
- Demonstrable technological skills, including networking/hardwiring of computer units, media services set up, including testing of hardware, log-in connections, power connections and audio-visual set-up
Salary Starts at $13.50
Start Date Immediately
Please email a cover letter and resume by the above closing date to: Dr. Mercedes del Rosario email@example.com 718-482-5440
Mr. Thomas Rospigliosi firstname.lastname@example.org 718-482-5407 (if calling from outside LAGCC) xtn 8405 (if calling from within LAGCC)
For more information about the ePortfolio Initiative, please visit www.eportfolio.lagcc.cuny.edu.