The LaGuardia Foundation awards scholarships in a range between $500 to $4,200 to eligible LaGuardia students, including international and part-time students. You will need to submit your application with a short personal statement (minimum 200 words), describing your accomplishments, background, career goals, and any noteworthy information to be considered for the scholarship (e.g., your financial needs and expected graduation time etc).
The eligibility requirements for 2022-2023 scholarships are as following:
To receive a Foundation Scholarship, you must:
- Regular eligibility requirements
- Be a full-time LaGuardia student (taking 12 or more credits or equivalent)
- Be of any residency status
- Be in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or above
- International student eligibility requirements
- F1 Status are eligible to apply after completing one semester with 12 credits or more.
- Non F1 Status are also eligible to apply
- Part-time student eligibility requirements
- Students in their last semester may still be eligible if enrolled for less than 12 credits.
- Students enrolled in Allied Health majors with less than 12 credits may be eligible.
For students with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
For students with emergency financial needs (no GPA requirement)
See the LaGuardia Foundation’s Scholarship and Emergency Fund pages for more information. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but the fund often runs out during the academic year. Apply early!