Prof. George Tsouris, who teaches ELJ250 “Japanese Literature in Translation” at LaGuardia Community College, has shared his lecture series on his YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDvT4cnHvdEM3jDFiXxFLoh9OR4xwEWgh).
If you are interested in taking his Japanese Literature in Translation (ELJ250), visit https://laguardia.catalog.cuny.edu/courses/1092821 for more information.
- Pondering Japanese Culture, ep.1
- Pondering Japanese Culture, ep2: Kojiki
- Pondering Japanese Culture, ep3: Tale Of Genji
- Pondering Japanese Culture, ep.4: My Individualism
- Early Japanese Feminism: The Case of Kishida Toshiko
- Traditional vs. Modern in Japan: Tanizaki’s Aesthetics.
- Nationalism, Paradox and Seppuku: Mishima’s Patriotism
- Porn and Censoring the Body in Japan: Oshima’s “In The Realm Of The Senses”
- Magic Realism in Japan: Murakami’s Elephant Vanishes
- Humanism and Self in Japan :Oe’s Japan the Ambiguous and Myself
- Economic Bubbles and Animation: Miyazaki’s Spirited Away
- Ero-Guro-Nansensu Manga in Japan: Kago Shintaro’s “Memories Of Others”
- Psycho Japan: Fujino Kaori’s “Run!”
- Post-Nuclear Japan? Sono Sion’s “Land Of Hope”
- Lecture on history of butoh