The Peer Academy is hiring Peer Advisors for Fall 2021 through Friday, July 2, 2021. Potential Peer Advisors must have a GPA of 2.8 or greater and a minimum of 18 credits. This is an on-campus job and F-1 students are eligible to apply. See below or http://www.laguardia.edu/peeradvisors/join/ for more information.
Peer Advisors for Fall 2021
Through participation in the Peer Advisor Academy, Peer Advisors will learn and practice valuable, marketable communication and teamwork skills while helping students pursue their academic goals. Peer Advisors will undergo paid professional development sessions, provided by the Center for Teaching and Learning where they will learn (or brush up) on technology tools, including Degree Works, CUNYfirst, and ePortfolio. Sessions will also include practicing effective communication strategies, utilizing LaGuardia’s many advising resources, and working directly with faculty and staff to begin learning how advisement in the programs function and what specific roles the peers will play in them. All new Peer Advisors must attend the scheduled training dates.
Peer Advisors will work approximately 10 hours per week and receive $15.61 per hour. Please note: As of now, the Peer Advisor role will be a remote position for Fall 2021. Peer Advisors will work all hours virtually, be expected to perform their work duties virtually, and have consistent, reliable internet access.
- GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Have earned a minimum of 18 credits at time of application
- Ability to effectively interact with students, faculty, and staff
- Desire to assist LaGuardia students in succeeding and graduating
- Ability to work as a team member
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to attend all mandatory scheduled training and debriefing meetings
- Have consistent, reliable internet access